Sound & Light Units
Minute to Win It Games
Any Grade Level
Content Area & Topic: Engineering, Physics, and Sound
Lesson Overview: Based on the fun game show of Minute to Win It, these
activities provide students with engaging, hands on learning into many different
units within the curriculum standards. The games pulled together for this lesson
plan focuses on forces and motion. Some may apply to the sound and light
Iowa Core Statements:
- Understand and apply knowledge of motions and forces.
- Identify and generate questions that can be answered though scientific
- Design and conduct different kinds of scientific investigations.
- Understand that different kinds of questions suggest different kinds of
- Select and use appropriate tools and techniques to gather, analyze and
- Incorporate mathematics in scientific inquiry.
- Communicate and defend procedures and explanations.
- Recognize that the motion of an object can be described by its position,
direction of motion and speed.
- Explain how an object that is not being subjected to a force will continue
to move at a constant speed in a straight line.
- Describe how unbalanced forces cause changes in speed or direction of an
- Understand that the acceleration of an object is determined by the mass of
the object and the force applied to it.
Back PDF Version Presentation